Ah, the day after Thanksgiving–groan! Fortunately, I love Thanksgiving leftovers.
Thanksgiving is the American holiday when the greatest number of people travel somewhere else to celebrate. I am posting this from my son’s home in Minnesota where we are recovering from the food shopping and the preparations and the meal and the clean up. It is difficult to think of anything requiring much energy today, and I am enjoying my sweet baby granddaughter, so I will keep it simple. For those of you not in the USA, I apologize for the nationalistic tone of this Friday Five!
1. Did you go elsewhere for the day, or did you have visitors at your place instead? How was it?
My family and I went to my mother’s house for Thanksgiving this year. It was quite enjoyable!
2. Main course: If it was the turkey, the whole turkey, and nothing but the turkey, was it prepared in an unusual way? Or did you throw tradition to the winds and do something different?
We had our usual turkey, but my sister-in-law also made a cranberry, apple, pear dish and her family’s baked beans recipe. I really enjoyed the baked beans.
3. Other than the meal, do you have any Thanksgiving customs that you observe every year?
We don’t have any special traditions for Thanksgiving. I think writing this at 3 in the morning is not helping it to be interesting…
4. The day after Thanksgiving is considered a major Christmas shopping day by most US retailers. Do you go out bargain hunting and shop ‘till you drop, or do you stay indoors with the blinds closed? Or something in between?
I do not go out shopping. I think I would have shopping rage. That would be like road rage except your driving a cart. I am still up waiting to see what deals apple.com will have when it is finally midnight over on the west coast. I don’t usually do that.
5. Let the HOLIDAY SEASON commence! When will your Christmas decorations go up?
I have no idea! I was thinking about how nice it would be to do it the other day until I realized it wasn’t even Thanksgiving yet. It just seemed crazy to me then. Probably as soon as I can get the house picked up some more so we have room to work, I’ll haul everything out.
3:01 and still no Apple Store! Come on! 3:06! I’m posting this now.